This classification shall be treated as Academservice’s personal opinion of the hotel infrastructure of the former USSR; it was born mostly as a result of personal hotel inspections. The classification is our “know-how” and shall not be viewed as definitive.
The hotels’ conformity to ranks was carefully examined. To assign appropriate ranks to a hotel Academservice comprehensively analyzed all the factors related to it, namely: hotel location in relation to the historical and business centre of the city; architectural and historic importance of the hotel building; room conditions; affiliation of the hotel with an international hotel chain; management standards; list of services provided; rack rate level; hotel policy towards partners and guests, etc.The DELUXE rank (EXECUTIVE DELUXE, SUPERIOR DELUXE, DELUXE and MODERATE DELUXE) includes international class hotels, focused first of all on VIP guests with high requirements to the quality of services and rooms.
• The EXECUTIVE DELUXE hotels offer the highest standard of service, accommodation and facilities.
• The SUPERIOR DELUXE hotels offer more extensive range of services, as well as rooms and facilities of higher quality than DELUXE and MODERATE DELUXE hotels.
• The DELUXE hotels provide high-class service but the range of extra services is not so extensive as is offered at SUPERIOR DELUXE and EXECUTIVE DELUXE hotels.
• The MODERATE DELUXE hotels meet the minimal set of requirements compulsory for the DELUXE rank hotels.
The BUSINESS rank (SUPERIOR BUSINESS, BUSINESS, MODERATE BUSINESS) includes hotels servicing mostly the business clientele.
• The SUPERIOR BUSINESS hotels offer the highest standard of service among the BUSINESS rank hotels.
• The BUSINESS hotels offer a set of services and facilities standard for hotels of this rank.
• The MODERATE BUSINESS hotels meet the minimal set of requirements compulsory for the BUSINESS rank hotels.
The RESORT rank (SUPERIOR RESORT, RESORT, MODERATE RESORT) unites hotels operating mostly in leisure segment.
• The SUPERIOR RESORT hotels offer the most extensive range of facilities and the highest quality of service among the RESORT hotels.
• The RESORT hotels offer a set of services and facilities standard for hotels of this rank.
• The MODERATE RESORT hotels meet the minimal set of requirements compulsory for the RESORT rank hotels.
The TOURIST rank (SUPERIOR TOURIST, TOURIST, and MODERATE TOURIST) is represented by hotels focused on group tourism services, individual tourists and other middle-class guests.
• The SUPERIOR TOURIST hotels offer the highest standard of service among hotels of this rank.
• The TOURIST hotels offer a set of services and facilities standard for hotels of this rank.
• The MODERATE TOURIST hotels meet the minimal set of requirements compulsory for the TOURIST rank hotels.
The BUDGET rank (SUPERIOR BUDGET and BUDGET) includes hotels for customers with limited budget.
• The SUPERIOR BUDGET hotels offer more facilities and service of higher quality among the BUDJET rank hotels.
• The BUDGET hotels are advisable for clients with modest demands to comfort and service.